Thread: Intro- New guy
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 11:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
elmz
Track Member

Drives: 2014 Porsche Boxster
elmz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcardio View Post

1. Do you find “visibility” to be a pain in the *** at times? During my test drive I didn’t really pay much attention, mostly looking straight ahead pretending to listen to the salesman talking my ear off about how cool my GF would think I’m am I’ve I drove home in a 370z (true story)

2. What kind times are people achieving in the ¼ mile? Most test reviews seem to have it anywhere from 13.3 to 13.7@ 103-107mph from what I’ve seen.

3. Certain reviews I’ve read say the engine sounds / feels very unrefined at higher RPMS. I didn’t beat on it during the test drive but did notice a certain amount of raucous as the REVS climbed. Do you generally enjoy the sound of the engine?

4. Can you give me some examples of what will fit in the back? It looked like a fairly sizeable space but it would be nice to hear some real life examples.

Okays I think that’s enough for one post! Sorry it’s so long, I tried to break it up so it will be a little more bearable.
1. This will take some getting used to.

2. That's about right from what I've read. With bolt-ons, people are dipping in the high to mid 12's.

3. Personally, I do think the engine sounds terrible in stock form. But a few mods will take care of that. There were also noticeable vibrations at high RPM's when I first got it, but after 5k miles, it is much smoother.

4. I've never put anything back there except groceries. There is a lot of surface area, but the lid really limits the height space.

Good luck!
elmz is offline   Reply With Quote