View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 08:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
ZCarMan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34, 13 F-150
ZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant future
Default Black Headlights By MRWorks Experience (Pics/Vid)

After having seen the excelent work peformed by Marco and Ryan at MRWorks here on the forum and also after having seen the the great job performed on Tony's (2theextreme's) headlights, I was motivated to have a set of custom matte black with landing strip, angel eyes, and demon eye (green) headlights modified for my black 370Z.

After having contacted Marco at MRWorks, we decided on the work to be done and the price based upon what they have been advertising. First, they needed a set of headlights to modify and since I didn't have an extra set of lights laying around I had to go the same route as Tony and purchase a whole new set (not cheap!). At Marco's suggestion I contacted Dustin at Z1 Motorsports who gave me a great deal on a complete set of lights w/cores. Dustin, was extremely helpful and he was able to get a set of headlights with the core and all shipped out to San Diego from their shop in Georgia in very short order!

I have to say here that Marco and Ryan were already hard at work on several other orders and mine was kind of a special order because I needed to have them done before ZDayZ and also in time for the local AAM Competition open house on the 15th of May. Marco said that if they got the headlights by early in the week of the 10th that they might be able to squeeze the mod for me in. During the whole time Marco said that although they would do everything they could to meet my deadline, they always defaulted to getting the job done correctly over hastily. I agreed to that and upon receipt of the headlights in San Diego the work began.

Marco and Ryan were great in keeping me posted all the way. As work proceeded, I was very surprised when I received texts from Ryan at 2AM, 3AM, 4AM! He was sending me initial photos of the headlights with the demon eye and then a video of them! I never asked for this but he sent it because he wanted to show me the progress. The lights were completed and at my request, shipped over night via FEDEX to AAM Competition in Maryland who in addition to installing my CAIs were standing by to install the headlights as well.

AAM received the lights on Wednesday morning and I had photos of the installation on Friday. I finally picked up my car at the open house Saturday morning and was able to get my first look along with alot of other people at the headlights. They were fantastic! Marco suggested that I use not only matte black for the housings but gloss black for the shrouds and that helped to set them off perfectly! They also smoked the parking reflectors. These bad boys look so good!

So, whats my bottom line here? Dustin at Z1: super customer service, get'er done guy! Marco and Ryan (MR Works): The best! In addition to getting no sleep (I swear they are Zombies) I couldn't have asked for better communication the whole way and the fact they squeezed me into their already busy work schedule sacrificing weekend sleep to do it, merely underscores both their professionalism and commitment to customer satisfaction. They want a satisfied customer.

I would highly recommend them for anyone contemplating a headlight modification as you won't be disappointed! Now here are the pics and a video showing the work of Marco and Ryan at MR Works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RKcBaDf91JM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0 x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RKcBaDf91JM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0 x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Attached Images
File Type: jpg landing strip and demon eye from angle.jpg (82.1 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg close up of landing strip and demon eye.jpg (100.9 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg landing strips with demon eyes front view.jpg (96.1 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg Landing strips with demon eyes.jpg (96.5 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg Headlights 1.jpg (298.0 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg Headlights 2.jpg (411.6 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg Headlights 3.jpg (447.1 KB, 176 views)

Last edited by ZCarMan; 05-23-2010 at 07:18 PM.