View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 02:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
labk888
Base Member

Drives: '10 370Z PW 6MT T&S
labk888 has a reputation beyond reputelabk888 has a reputation beyond reputelabk888 has a reputation beyond reputelabk888 has a reputation beyond reputelabk888 has a reputation beyond reputelabk888 has a reputation beyond reputelabk888 has a reputation beyond reputelabk888 has a reputation beyond reputelabk888 has a reputation beyond reputelabk888 has a reputation beyond reputelabk888 has a reputation beyond repute

K,

I've been slacking on keeping this up to date.

Clear Bra has been installed. I got about 60% of the car covered with Ventureshield Ultra installed by Thom from HTP Autoworks.

Formula 1 Pinnacle 15% Tint was installed by Tritek a while back, too. The car looks much better with the tint.

I took my dash apart this weekend and started the process of modifying the dash to accommodate my iPad in the upper cubby section. I am contemplating several different ways on how to mount this thing without it looking ghetto. All of my current solutions require me to remove the cubby completely which is to be expected. Removal was pretty easy and the cubby wasn't damaged so I will be able to put it back at a later date if necessary.

The car will be probably in pieces for a while I am waiting on parts to arrive. My biggest worry before I took the dash apart was that I wouldn't be able to find a way to mount a backing plate easily. I created a cardboard stencil that will be used for the front plate. My first attempt is to create it out of Lexan first. If that fails, I'll have a buddy who is into woodworking fabricate the front plate I need out of MDF and then wrap that in felt.

Since the dash is apart, I took the opportunity to hardwire a ODB2 90 cable through the center console and to the rear of the car. This will allow me to easily attach/detach my PLX KIWI so I can use it elsewhere. The biggest benefit is that the ODB2 cable does not get in the way now which could have been a driving hazard.

Last edited by labk888; 05-16-2010 at 02:55 AM.
labk888 is offline   Reply With Quote