View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 12:37 AM   #11 (permalink)
Auston
Track Member

Drives: 2009 Z34 T+S RAE
Auston is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckd05 View Post
The size of the tire really doesn't change the fact that the wheels are tucked in, and could defiantly use wheel spacers to make the wheels sit flush... The wider the tire you go with, the more of the wheel well it will take up, which would mean you could possibly use slightly less aggressive spacer to allow the wheels to be flush with the fender. 305's in the rear with a 25mm Spacer has already been done and didn't cause any issues.

Regardless of the tire size I would recommend 25mm Rear Spacers and 20mm front spacers for a more aggressive look or at the minimum 20mm rear and 15mm front for the 370 to have a nice aggressive stance. The wheels just don't look as good without the spacers...

But thats not really what your thread was about...

IMO you can go with 285's in the rear and have zero concern about too much under steer added while keeping your factory 245's up front... I am pretty sure the Nismo comes with 245s in the front and 285's in the rear... The Sport Package Z comes with 275's.... So my point being, the " superior " handling Nismo 370 comes with 285's right out of the gate and I have never heard a single nismo owner complain of too much understeer...

So again, IMO, I say get the 285's along with 25mm rear spacers and 20mm front spacers and you will give your car a much more aggressive look than factory...

hope that helps !
Thanks for the info, I'm mainly going for a wider tire in the back for
increased traction. I know 10mm won't make much of a difference, but
the slightly wider look in the back won't hurt either. Besides, I've heard
a lot of positive about the Bridgestone Potenza R-11s
Auston is offline   Reply With Quote