Thread: Front speakers
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 08:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
6spd
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Q50RS
6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute

I got bored and went to best buy and bought a set of Alpine SPS-600 speakers. Not the 600C, but the coaxial 600. The install was meh, made it work fine without adapters. Man, the sound is so much better, way better than stock. They work great with the kind of music I listen to, progressive metal, goth/symphonic metal, especially considering it all contains very detailed lead guitar work. I guess having 4 tweeters now makes the high ended-ness of the lead guitar work shine. Good stuff, not to mention much less muddy sounding bass. If these are half as good as the OP's polks (which I was gonna get, but decided not to), then he'll be very happy.