View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 03:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
phelan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Scoobaroo
phelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond repute
Default BRIDE Gias II...a mini-editorial

So, bit of a shameless plug here, but Mike@370ZTune has a preliminary BRIDE group buy going. Check it out here.

Now getting new seats is a pretty tough call; the last thing you want is to order a seat blind, install it, and realize you absolutely hate it. So I asked Mike to help set up a little meeting at a shop close to my work, so I can sit in the Gias II myself. I tried to snap some photos for everybody's reference, but they turned out horrendous. Still, better than nothing, so I hope this helps anybody out there looking for new seats.

Note: these are my opinions alone, take them for what you will. For reference, I'm 6"1', 190 lbs, with a 34 inch waist. I wore a pair of heavy jeans, and a soccer warmup jacket while I tried out the seat. I am a bit on the...ahem...heavier side for an Asian. And yes, I list what I wore because what you wear makes a difference in how you sit.

Below are the two seats they had, the Zeta III XL and the Gias II Low Max. I did not sit in the Zeta III XL, as I am uninterested in a full bucket seat...for now.

The Gias II Low Max is one of the many models BRIDE offers with 40 points of recline capability. I was quite surprised how far back they go. You'll probably max out in terms of how far back you can go based on the 370Z cabin space first.

The Gias II Low Max has a very high side bolster. The Stradia equivalent does not have nearly as high bolsters as this one does, and all other dimensions are equivalent. Also, I believe the Cuga/Vorga line can come without bolsters, as do the Euros. Need to confirm that though.

Here is the shoulder width you will have on the Gias II. Sorry for the awful picture, but best I could do on short notice and a camera phone. At least I have a tape measure..

Plenty of length on the Gias II extending forward, no problem with leg support.

Doesn't really widen out at all, so the seat keeps you snug the entire way, the way a racing seat should be.

Here's ROUGHLY how much space you would have if you're sitting all the way back into the chair. Don't know what to make of it, but eh, here you go.

And I'm sure you know about the gradation BRIDE offers, but just in case, here's their sample.

Refer to below post for my comments.

凛 ('Rin') - 2009 Nissan 370Z
With silence comes peace. With peace comes freedom. With freedom comes silence.
phelan is offline   Reply With Quote