View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 09:19 PM   #1322 (permalink)
SE
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z/STI/EVO X/IS-F
SE is a glorious beacon of lightSE is a glorious beacon of lightSE is a glorious beacon of lightSE is a glorious beacon of lightSE is a glorious beacon of lightSE is a glorious beacon of light

Yep. I was working on it at a local friend's shop. I decided to call it a day after 3-4 hours of banging fingers, cutting forearms, and breaking 2 Snap-On ratchets and a swivel extender.

It took me about 3 hours just to get both headers off. Putting them back on took 30 minutes LOL. I just need to tighten everything down tomorrow.

It's also taking me long because I'm installing my CAI and Setrab cooler at the same time, otherwise I would've been done.

Side note to everyone if you want to retain all your stock header hardware- instead of taking off the driver's side manifold shield from the beginning (per the instructions), just remove the bolts and leave it there. Once you disconnect the steering joint, it will fit in that area but you still wont be able to completely remove it without bending stuff. You can remove it unscathed after the driver's side header is removed.
SE is offline   Reply With Quote