View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 03:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
shadoquad
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: .
shadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreyfranz View Post
The price of my 2010 Coupe + Sport Package was about $32k (I forget, exactly) before taxes, license, etc. Comparing the prices above, the Boxster is $16k more, plus another $5k for things I got standard, like Xenon headlights and 19" forged wheels. I wanted a Cayman S, actually, in the worst way (and would gladly have "settled" for a Boxster), but in the US there is no way these cars are close in price. $20k+ is not chump change to me. That is the compromise I had to make, due to my budget. I did not get a Porsche, but I got a very fine car for a lot less money. This is the Z's advantage in the states. Thank you, Nissan.
I am also a coupe owner. But this article specifically compares the Z roadster to its "competition". I'm not arguing against the value of our vehicle, especially for the price. I was just making the point that you can easily throw together a completely optioned-out Z at the very top of its price range and hit Boxster-Z4 territory.

I'm in love with the Z coupe. For just about the same price you paid, I get the best sports car I'll likely ever own.
shadoquad is offline   Reply With Quote