View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 02:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
shadoquad
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: .
shadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
Apples to oranges. A base 370Z vert is $37,320 full retail according to nissanusa. That's about 10K under the other two, or between 20% and 25% of the cost of the whole vehicle. Certainly more than "a few thousand" the reviewer states.
Yeah. I think I pretty clearly pointed out that the Z in my post was fully loaded, but my point is that, say 50k is your target purchase amount. These three cars enter the conversation, with the Z being fully loaded. If you load up the other two, their prices soar. If your price point is under 45k, the germans are out of the question. If your price point is well above 50k, the germans may be more attractive.

But you have a point, the difference is more than a few thou. All trims/options being equal, expect to pay at least 5k more for the Porsche or BMW.
shadoquad is offline   Reply With Quote