View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 09:00 AM   #119 (permalink)
stormcrow
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Nismo TT
stormcrow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisjb View Post
agree! somehow I let things lapse, but AK should have my money by now... if not, will get it soon

let's make a deal, I reinstate my OG and you change your avatar! I like the one of your 370z coming off the truck!
Deal. I just needed to get a good pic of my Z before changing the avatar. Now there are so many to choose from!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-370z View Post
I love where GTM put your HKS EVC boost controller, looks like it was made to fit there. Is the fit really as good as it looks?

Just wondering why you did not go with external wastegates?

Thanks for all of the information on resonance. I don't think I can delete any of the length of this GReddy piping, so I will try the resonators they place in the cans at the end and see if that helps. If not, then I think I will just try to stick two bananas in the tailpipes.

The EVC's fit is just as good as it looks in those photos. The only caveat is that the angle is a bit harsh for the driver and it takes some maneuvering to read. That and at night, the light from it is in the passenger's eyes. *haha* Who really cares about that, though?

I didn't want open dumps, so no externals. I didn't want to recirc them, either. For the power level that I wanted, internals were perfectly fine. Any possible boost creep/spikes is going to be mediated by the EVC. But, I haven't seen any yet. Even with the more free-flowing exhaust.