Thread: Intro- New guy
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 12:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Red370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: your mom to church
Red370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcardio View Post
1. Do you find “visibility” to be a pain in the *** at times? During my test drive I didn’t really pay much attention, mostly looking straight ahead pretending to listen to the salesman talking my ear off about how cool my GF would think I’m am I’ve I drove home in a 370z (true story)

2. What kind times are people achieving in the ¼ mile? Most test reviews seem to have it anywhere from 13.3 to 13.7@ 103-107mph from what I’ve seen.

3. Certain reviews I’ve read say the engine sounds / feels very unrefined at higher RPMS. I didn’t beat on it during the test drive but did notice a certain amount of raucous as the REVS climbed. Do you generally enjoy the sound of the engine?

4. Can you give me some examples of what will fit in the back? It looked like a fairly sizeable space but it would be nice to hear some real life examples.

Okays I think that’s enough for one post! Sorry it’s so long, I tried to break it up so it will be a little more bearable.
1. Visibility took some getting used to, but my Eclipse was terrible also, so it wasnt a difficult transition, learn how to use the mirrors to your advantage and have good situational awareness and there wont be any problems.

2. Autos stock have ran 13.2's and I think some magazine even pulled off a 13.1, lightly modded autos are into the 12's and a lightly modded 6MT even broke the 12's, the Z is very mod friendly, combined with a tune, these things can make 320whp easily.

3. Its true, the engine screams, almost begging for more throttle, but its not unbearable, combine it with an aftermarket exhaust, and its friggin music to my ears. Its a sports car man, if you want quiet, get a G37. I personally love it, with my Intakes, HFC's and CBE, it freakin screams, i drive with permanent wood, sometimes gets in the way of the steering wheel.

4. AK fit two golf bags in the back, another member fit $200 in groceries in there, its way more spacious than the 350 because the stabilizer bar was pushed forward more. Hell I even think a few members have put hockey bags w/ stick in the back. I dont have any pictures, but i fit two fully loaded military duffel bags back there and a large Adidas gym back full of equipment in mine for my trip to ohio from texas.

All in all, the Z is the better of those you mentioned in my opinion, good combination of looks, power, balance and daily driveability. Keep in mind that the aftermarket for this car is booming currently with untold numbers of companies currently producing parts and many more with projects for the near future. Twin Turbo options, Supercharger options, body kit options, the possibilities are endless. And WTTC.

Last edited by Red370; 05-14-2010 at 12:45 AM.
Red370 is offline   Reply With Quote