Thread: broken down zed
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 07:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
cyrus_b
Base Member

Drives: Liberty GT + 370Z
cyrus_b is on a distinguished road
Default update

Hey guys, so quick update

Nissan coouldnt tell me when to expect my cylinder to be in from japan so i resigned myself to wait, but got some goodluck and the service manager who ordered the part got me my part on critical delivery - apparently it bypassed nissan australia and went straight to the dealer.

So end result was i got the car back wednesday night. And they had given my a hire car (rubbsih Tiida - gave it to the old man lol).

Abviously the clutch was working again, a good plus! I was told the same master cylinder had been recalled on the 350z - hope this wont be a recurring issue.

My dealer was quite good in sorting out the other issues: i got a new front mat, and they had my window retinted as a bubble had developed, and they fitted the new springs to my rear hatch so it pops up properly (for now...)

A couple of issues/questions:
  1. People have told me that after a car has a major fault (is the clutch master cylinder failing in about 5 months a major fault?) like this with the gearbox, im going to have more and more problems - ie having a lemon. Should i be worried about this??
  2. Also the gear stick seems to shake slightly more violently now... Not sure what to do about that.
  3. They also made a fairly decent scratch on the interior of my passenger window (i know it wasnt there before as i am meticulous and pedantic about these things). Not sure how to prove it wasnt there earlier though...?
  4. And there is a cut in the leather on the gear stick (i can feel it as my hand is always on the lever, and its annoying!) - probably from dismantling to fit in the new cylinder. Probably nothing i can do about this as it is quite small.
  5. Worst of all is there is now a whistling sound as i accelerate. It sounds like its coming from the passenger side of the car. Not an engine noise, but like some kind of hole or gap and wind is whistling through it. I'm not the only one who can hear it, so can my brother - so im not imagining it. Im going to get someone else to drive and i'll sit int he passenger seat to try to identify the cause of the noise and then contact nissan.
  6. And lastly, i think the new mat will again get a hole under my clutch foot so im trying to think what to cover that are with to prvent a new hole. Some kind of rubber surface area? Ideas?
I've had bad experiences in getting cars repaired and them coming back worse than when they went in.... I ended up selling my 12 month old Ford because of this.

Any advice on my new set of problems is appreciated.

All in all I think the dealer didnt do too bad a job in terms of getting the car back to me and paying for a hire car, but i think maybe because i did say i want the car back asap they rushed it and may have scratched things and cut corners...
cyrus_b is offline   Reply With Quote