Thread: Venom Z
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 03:15 PM   #40 (permalink)
TipsZ
Track Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370z CS M6
TipsZ has a reputation beyond reputeTipsZ has a reputation beyond reputeTipsZ has a reputation beyond reputeTipsZ has a reputation beyond reputeTipsZ has a reputation beyond reputeTipsZ has a reputation beyond reputeTipsZ has a reputation beyond reputeTipsZ has a reputation beyond reputeTipsZ has a reputation beyond reputeTipsZ has a reputation beyond reputeTipsZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleBlkZ View Post
I spoke to a chroming place in vancouver and they highly don't recomend doing this up here. Mainly due to the differeance in weather ie. winters....Not like I would drive the Z in winter but hate to have issues with it....but does it ever look good....Not sure how much research people have done on chroming but would like more information on the process and how it does it stand up over time...I know you mentioned the 5yr warrently which sounds great but I may have to ship the rim's a long ways to get the process done and just don't want the possible headache even if its warrently covered....
Right. This is a new chroming process that is not typical of the old school shiny chroming process you might be aware of now a days. That process "supposedly" was very bad for the environment and was really only done down in Mexico as the US place restrictions on that process. Apparently, this is a newer lighter process that is safer and I do indeed have a 5 year warranty against chips / cracks / scratches etc. It did add a little over a pound per wheel however .. but about a pound of rotating mass isn't all that bad for great looking wheel that does NOT compromise the strength of the wheel. When I spoke to Glenn, he mentioned that there was only like 2 or 3 companies in the U.S. that was currently doing the "new" black chroming process, and he was one of them.
Dynojet 285 HP/245 TQ (pre CBE)// Agency Power CBE // GTM Test Pipes // JWT Pop Chargers // B&M Short Shifter // Eibach Springs // Powder-coated Akebono's // Powder-coated Strut Bar // Black Chromed 19" Rays // // Redline Designs Graphics
TipsZ journal
TipsZ is offline   Reply With Quote