View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 11:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
F.I. Inc.
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2010 GT-R/2007 F-250
F.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestik View Post
Hi guys,

Advice pls. I've got fi bits on order but am considering cancelling my hfc-pipes because of what I've read about the drone/hiss issues.

I quite enjoy the car's dual personality where the sound is 'unintrusive' during normal driving with an increase in noise when drivin agressively, and I hope to retain a bareable interior volume.

My question is how much rwkw/rwhp will I actually lose with ONLY the cbe and also what's your opinion on whether the power difference would noticeable.

I was told by my tune-shop that my mate's (Bezzita) FI cbe and berk hfc dyno only showed a difference of 4rwkw between having a hfc and not.

I was under the impression that there would be a bigger difference.

Basically - Is the power gain from the hfc-pipes worth the drone/hiss/EPA issues for my daily driven car.

I'm 11 people away from completion (#137) and require your expert advice asap so I can advise Tony of changes or find a local buyer of the hfc-pipes I've ordered.

Thanks!
I need you to keep one thing in mind. The HFC's add about 5-6 PEAK horsepower. If you look at our dyno charts you will see a substantial gain throughout the low end and mid range. I can tell you it is quite noticeable when you are driving the car.

I can tell you that since you went with the (Resonated) high flow cats & (18") resonators within the X Pipe, you will minimize the hiss on deceleration. Under acceleration the hiss is not there.

Tony
www.fastintentions.com
"FUELED BY PASSION"
F.I. Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote