View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 03:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
Cunnos
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z 40th anniv
Cunnos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by esfourteen View Post
I was almost home, stopped at a red light behind some other cars, 19 year old in a pos riced out honda rear ended me. He came up behind me doing at least 50+, slammed on his brakes and hit me doing 15-20mph. Weather was perfectly normally, kid was just driving like an idiot

At first I thought it was just going to be a new bumper/tail light, and axelback, but after further inspection at the body shop its clear the hatch floor pan is pushed in a good amount and needs to be replaced. Fortunately a local member (chuckd05) recommended a great shop near by that uses the oem style spot welding machines that nissan uses, so the repair work underneath will appear factory to most people.

The outside doesn't even look too bad, but you can see he hit the passenger side hard enough to push the bumper out of the drivers side. I don't have any pictures of the damage to the inside yet, i'll see if i can get some when the body shop pulls off the bumper/panels.

Obviously I'm pretty furious, I've only had the car for a few weeks with 1,500 miles on it. Only thing to do now is upgrade to compensate for my emotional trauma, some test pipes and invidia gemini should make me feel a bit better.

I'm also going to look into the diminished value claim, but according to the body shop its pretty difficult to get the insurance companies to pay anything.
Dude as another 40th owner who just got hit, im so srry to see this. I think we can all agree that people dont know how to drive and we need to remember this everytime we get into the Z or out of it in my case. Hope everything works out
Cunnos is offline   Reply With Quote