View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 01:24 PM   #18 (permalink)
M.Bonanni
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Fast
M.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to M.Bonanni

Alright, here are some close up photos of the mounting stuff and adjustable stuff.

Here's how the base mounts to the hatch. They are mounted in my hatch via rivnuts, which is basically a threaded rivet that the screws bolt into. I should note that you will need to buy new ones as they are not removeable without drilling them out.

This is how I drive around on the street. I choose to leave the bases on the car as I think it looks better than leaving just the rivnut bolts on the car, but you can do either way in about the same amount of time.

Here's the bottom of the uprights that goes in between the carbon base plates. These are the bolts you remove to detach the wing.

Here is a shot of the adjustments for the wing angle. Very precise and fool proof method of adjustment. Each hole is exactly 1 degree of angle. This is the same adjustment method used in ALMS. No need for guess work or wing angle indicators.

[IMG][/IMG]

And finally, another cool and unique feature on Kognition's wing is adjustable end plates. No matter what angle your wing is at, you can adjust your end plates so they are parallel with the ground. More for looks than anything else really, but a cool little detail feature nonetheless.

Function > Form
M.Bonanni is offline   Reply With Quote