View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 12:56 PM   #559 (permalink)
Xan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 40th Aniversary
Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsteve View Post
True that, GTM has stated how much belt wrap they have, I asked Stillen and got no reply, so I dont know if they just didnt see my post or dont want to reply. I think GTM said 80% belt wrap, and Im assuming thats a good %.

80% is kind of a strange way of putting it, as you would normally state this in degrees. But 80% would be 288 degrees, I've looked at the pictures, but it seems with that pulley they have about 240 degrees wrap.
The 80% was probably with a larger pulley then the one in the picture, or it's just the angle of the picture.

The "rule" is that if you want a minimum of 180 degrees. Higher boost level means it needs more power to operate, so the more belt wrap you would want.

Although even harder to see on the few Stillen pictures. It looks like both systems meet this criteria easily for their set ups. So both systems are more then adequate to meet this design criteria and you shouldn't have any issues here.