View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 10:12 PM   #42 (permalink)
2fast4thelaw
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z Sport/MT6
2fast4thelaw will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhounds View Post
Thanks a lot guys. My understanding is that the 12W6v2 goes up to 600WRMS so I'm actually delivering 100WRMS with the 900/5 right? About the 4x100WRMS, how would be the best way to hook it up to the Focal Polyglass 165 VR 6.5-Inch 2-Way? Also, do you recommend the JL factory enclosure for the SW?
I run my 12W6v2 in my Armada with a Alpine MRV-605 and its a tad too much. Anywhere between 350wrms and 450wrms is the sweet spot for this sub. A little more wont hurt as long as you are conservative witht he gains. I would bridge the front and rear channels and drive them at 150wrms. The Focals will take it as long as your crossover isnt too low and be conservative with the gains.

What i really like about the JL HD amps is the lack of bassboost or any equalization. It does not alter sound that is coming in, just pure amplication. I feel that bass equilization just colors the sound and only makes the amp work harder and start producing distortion a lot quicker. I feel the optional bass knob for this amp is very usefull.

If money is no object, then hell yes I recommend the JL enclosure. Otherwise similar results can be had for much less.