View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 10:00 PM   #52 (permalink)
semtex
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People to drink
semtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
We should sticky something about this and change the title so that new owners see it, this is going to be an issue for a *lot* of people I bet.

I just got back from visiting the service manager at my dealer. I gave him the rundown about the broken wheel stud report here, and the differing locking nut part numbers available from Nissan. Sure enough, they've been putting the wrong lock nuts on all of their 370's, not just mine. He had three more on the showroom floor already equipped with the wrong ones. He's ordering a bunch of replacements for all his stock and for my car (and hopefully for anyone else that has purchased in the meantime, I didn't ask or think to until I got home).

He gave me some plain wheel nuts (of the correct type) to put on my car for now and offered to install them himself, but I said I'd do it when I got home.

He says Nissan never notified them about the availability (much less *requirement* apparently) of different lock nuts for the 370Z's wheels. They had never heard of the part before I walked in and told them to look it up. They've been using the same "standard" locknuts they use on every car. I think it's fair to assume a lot of dealers are going to be in the same clueless boat about this.
Speaking of clueless, you guys realize this all has been covered already in this thread, right? Wheels Locks

I warned everyone in that thread not to use Nissan's standard wheel locks, and supplied the McGard part number for the shank-style locks that do work (this was before Nissan caught up and started selling them under their own name). I've had them on my Z since January without issue.
semtex is offline   Reply With Quote