View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 05:40 PM   #540 (permalink)
de_dust
Base Member

Drives: 370z black on black
de_dust has a reputation beyond reputede_dust has a reputation beyond reputede_dust has a reputation beyond reputede_dust has a reputation beyond reputede_dust has a reputation beyond reputede_dust has a reputation beyond reputede_dust has a reputation beyond reputede_dust has a reputation beyond reputede_dust has a reputation beyond reputede_dust has a reputation beyond reputede_dust has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsteve View Post
So I have asked Stillen for this and I am asking GTM about this too. What are the before IC temps compared to the post IC temps? How much of a drop between the two? The effectiveness of the IC is important to my decision as to which kit to get, among other factors of course. Thanks.
i've googled this concern before... essentially you have to consider the difference between the air to air cooler of GTM and Stillen's water to air cooler to decide which would be more effective for your use...

check out these links... or google "air to air vs liquid to air intercooler" .. Bell Intercoolers - Technology and FAQs or ProCharger Intercooling

essentially most everyone would say air to air is more effective for daily use... the only time a liquid to air IC kit would be more effective is if they have installed a huge enough heat exchanger to cool the liquid (but with that thought, ull have additional weight) or use unicorn blood as coolant... thats why i still dont understand why ppl have placed deposits for the stillen kit w/o seeing or getting more info on this particular part of their kit..