View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 04:02 PM   #31 (permalink)
Red370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: your mom to church
Red370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
This is AMERICA, child seats in the front are ILLEGAL, period. Short trips, long trips, doesn't matter. Baby in the front, you get fined or go to jail depending on situation. We have the strictest automotive safety laws in the world.

That might work if what you say fits his situation??? Or he may have to settle for a GT. Sometimes you gotta sacrifice your dreams temporarily for your children.
have you ever read the law guy? if no back seat is available, a passenger seat is fine as long as the air bag can be turned off, which is by default unless 80 lbs are sitting in it, which no child will reach until legal age to ride in a typical front seat, that is unless of course, you feed your children taco bell and ho ho's for dinner daily

That being said, my Z is my only means of transportation, and as a father, i have no qualms about having my son ride in it with me, however, i ensure his seat is anchored properly and that the seat is in the furthest back position so as to not cause injury should for whatever reason an airbag deploy. We're all entitled to our opinions, so i wont respond to some of the naysayers, but it think its no less safe than having a child in the back seat, if the wreck is bad enough, injuries will happen regardless.