View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 11:22 AM   #37 (permalink)
oo7mech
Enthusiast Member

Drives: White 370z Sport 7AT
oo7mech will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
Well, if Ex-Lax came out with a commercial claiming that their product was more effective than any other laxative, then yeah, I'd want to see some sort of comparison before believing it. I don't see anything wrong with that. I wouldn't just take their word for it. Citing a clinical study that shows their product provides relief within, say, 1 hour while all other laxatives take at least 5 hours would suffice. How is this a problem? How is wanting an advertiser to back up its claims an issue?

If you're willing to accept Shell's claim that no other oil lubricates or cleans better without seeing some sort of comparison or substantiating data, then I guess you're just more willing to take advertisers at their word than I am. *shrug* I have an awesome set of steak knives if you're interested. They cut through steak like no other steak knives in the whole wide world. Honest.
It's a commercial claim. It's up to the consumer to believe it, or research it. You don't research everything you buy do you? Like toothpaste? If the commercial for CREST says the cleanest mouth. Are you going to ask for a commercial to research it?

Maybe you should send a request to Mythbusters to test. "Using expensive oil will keep the engine running longer than cheap oil..."

PW Sport 370Z 7spd AT||Stock Intake (shopping)||Stock exhaust (shopping)||Berk HFC||Stock Headlights||19"inch Ray Wheels
Click and Jiggle Action Crossfit = No Quitters