View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 08:02 AM   #36 (permalink)
semtex
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People to drink
semtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oo7mech View Post
That's like saying, they need to test the difference of X-Lax vs. Phillips . Lets run the same test using a different laxative and see the results.
It's a commercial, not discovery channel.
Well, if Ex-Lax came out with a commercial claiming that their product was more effective than any other laxative, then yeah, I'd want to see some sort of comparison before believing it. I don't see anything wrong with that. I wouldn't just take their word for it. Citing a clinical study that shows their product provides relief within, say, 1 hour while all other laxatives take at least 5 hours would suffice. How is this a problem? How is wanting an advertiser to back up its claims an issue?

If you're willing to accept Shell's claim that no other oil lubricates or cleans better without seeing some sort of comparison or substantiating data, then I guess you're just more willing to take advertisers at their word than I am. *shrug* I have an awesome set of steak knives if you're interested. They cut through steak like no other steak knives in the whole wide world. Honest.

Last edited by semtex; 05-11-2010 at 08:12 AM.