View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 08:02 AM   #24 (permalink)
shadoquad
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: .
shadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffydog View Post
It's really nice to know some people here actually get 20+ mpg because that means Nissan did make some improvements on the fuel economy from 350z to 370z.

Just out of curiosity, are we calculating these numbers from your gas receipts on how many gallons you filled up (or other methods) or are you guys straight up reading these values from your computer?

As much I don't like the numbers the car computer's giving me, I think it's a better method for us to read off the computer reading because it's a good baseline for us to compare the values.

I think some people getting over 22 MPG is just way too high and there's no way we can really validate that they measured it right. Have anyone actually got 22 MPG+ reading on their computer meter? That's good stuff if you did.

Otherwise, if you're calculating these MPG #'s on your own, the only way to validate it is the computer reading. The car computer tracks the average speed so at least we can be more consistent and not have to debate about amount City & Highway drive.

Also, it'd be nice to also tell us what your AVG MPH (Speed) states on your car computer meter. =) Thanks!
I had reset my trip computer shortly before getting the 21+mpg figure, but yeah, that's where I got it.
shadoquad is offline   Reply With Quote