View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 07:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
SoCal 370Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Answers
SoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan93rsa View Post
From a corporate point of view I don't see why they would care if I paid $300 or $3000 over invoice.
It's a matter of your cash outlay, as they essentially make a judgment call and take into consideration what you paid; the dealers are a contracted extension of Nissan. Someone paying MSRP has a better chance of getting high ticket items fixed versus the same person who didn't, especially near the end of the warranty. I believe it is GT-R Man who is a dealer, and has received a beat-down here about buying a car, but he has some truth to the his points. I know several people in the business, and when we bought our 370Z we were fair about the deal, on all facets. We didn't pay MSRP, but we also didn't go rock-bottom...that was intentional on our part.