View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 11:56 PM   #23 (permalink)
labk888
Base Member

Drives: '10 370Z PW 6MT T&S
labk888 has a reputation beyond reputelabk888 has a reputation beyond reputelabk888 has a reputation beyond reputelabk888 has a reputation beyond reputelabk888 has a reputation beyond reputelabk888 has a reputation beyond reputelabk888 has a reputation beyond reputelabk888 has a reputation beyond reputelabk888 has a reputation beyond reputelabk888 has a reputation beyond reputelabk888 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
The Flex is a good unit. However, it is not something I would give a novice to learn on because of all the trouble you can get into. It is also NOT the unit that you want to be using on your paint all the time. If you hve properly corrected your paint and practice proper paint maintenance practices, the Flex is overkill when doing touch-up work. I have 4 different polishers that I can choose from when working on cars. By far, the PC gets the most work because it removes the least amount of clear coat. Guys who use rotary polishers all the time are simply in this for the money. They grind on your clear without considering how much clear you have to start with. I would never use a rotary on a factory paint job and I would not use a Flex as my main unit on a factory paint job. You are just asking for trouble by doing this.
I respect your opinion and I like the PC but I think the Flex is a better overall unit for me. Both units are random orbital buffers so both are fairly safe. I plan on using the Flex for other things besides just car detailing. If someone is just looking for a device to detail cars then the PC may be a more cost effective unit.

The top reasons why I chose the Flex are.

1) Powerful yet still a random orbital buffer
2) Variable speed trigger
3) Lock-on button locks the trigger
4) 40% more power than PC
5) Made in Germany.

P.S. Keep up the good work with your youtube feed. I've been watching your videos for a while now.