View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 08:52 AM   #11 (permalink)
HTP AutoWorks
Banned

Drives: G35, Jeep SRT-8
HTP AutoWorks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexJHC View Post
Well, as I approach the six-month anniversary of my dear car's purchase...some knucklehead decided to go and egg it. Hard.

There is a huge impact site, it resembles a crater on the earth from space...actual paint waves emanating out from the impact site, and you can see down to the metal in the troughs of said waves. A dent about 1.5" across and 1/4" deep.

Also, there is a more than generous amount of damage...the egg ate all the way through the clear coat and the base coat and down into the primer.

Now, I know I'm going to have to have quite a bit of repainting done, and I would like to know what kind of figure I am going to be looking at. I'm scared to think that it is going to cost several thousand to repaint, but if that's what needs to be done, so be it.

Can anyone help with a figure that is a fair price for repainting the rear bumper on a 09 370Z, along with the...I guess you'd call it a hatch? That part you open in the back to get to the "trunk" (I know I'm a tool, bear with me, I'm distressed, and I'm very bad at negotiating, hence why I paid full sticker for my car). Also, there is a roughly 2"x1" spot on the roof of the car, right next to the satellite radio receiver. Is it even possible to re-paint that?

Again, any help would be most appreciated, even steps on how to clean it, if possible (already tried water and ammonia, plus had it professionally detailed. It made it worse). I am just looking for a FAIR price for what I would pay (am I making sense? I don't really care about the actual amount, if it's what everyone else considers fair). Thank you all for your time.

*addendum* A police report has been filed, no leads.
Where are you located at? I am in Longview and had the same thing happen recently. Fortuantely I had a clear bra on my vehicle and it saved the paint... didnt even hurt the film. I do know of a paint and body shop guy here that is excellent and his rates are very reasonable. Send me a PM and I will get him your info... if you are interested.
HTP AutoWorks is offline   Reply With Quote