View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 03:20 PM   #29 (permalink)
SiXK
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z / 91 300ZXTT
SiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forumite View Post
See was just the opposite for me. Every day I would take it out dreading the commute because of the miles and dings it was sure to get.

That was my reasoning at first too, so I left my fun Z at home and drove other vehicles that I did not give a crap about. Its not a bad plan at all. Keeps the car pristine and makes driving it a recreational activity.

but the downside was, I was spending way more time driving those other cars than my Z. I tried a car, a truck and an SUV, but I had been driving a Z since 1988. My daily ride without a Z was zero fun.

I finally just figured its a car, it may get a ding or some miles but a ding can be fixed and a car can be maintained and do very well as it takes on some miles.

I love my ride home from work, got a couple of spots as I approach my house where I can open it up and I always get home in a great mood.

Of the 5 Zs I have had the 370 is definitely up there with the Z32TT as my favorites. I plan to drive it a few years and retire her to the garage and pick up something else, but I learned my lesson a while ago, whenever I get that new DD it will be a Z or a sportscar for sure.

I just wish I had the money to buy and keep some cars and have a couple of daily drivers too. but don't we all?