View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 04:01 PM   #66 (permalink)
Modshack
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Sport
Modshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishihadnav View Post
The only real advantage of a "dealer shop" would be the use of oem parts...this is not always the case but seeing how new our cars the aftrmarket sheet metals probly havnt been produced yet..whatevr the case your paint will not and cannot be perfectly matched to the rest of the car due to different paint n baking techniques..id have them try to paint the whole thing instead of color matching..goodluck.
Of course they'll be using OEM parts (any independent shop)...Not enough volume to be knocking off Clones at this stage of the game. This isn't a Honda Civic., besides the OEM body panels aren't that expensive. Paint the whole car? I think not. There's no reason a quality shop can't do a perfect blended match. Can you tell mine's been painted from the doors forward including the hood? Thought not. In person the finish is better than OEM. Don't scare the guy!

Steal my car! (SOLD)...Now Porsche Cayman S
Oil Cooler DIY: Here!

Last edited by Modshack; 05-09-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote