View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 02:43 PM   #63 (permalink)
Modshack
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Sport
Modshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
This might be totally over the top, but definitely something I would try and do...
But couldn't you take the damaged car, the money you get for the repairs and the money you get for the diminished value all to the dealer and say; "you can have this car as it is, all the money and I want a new 40th..."
C'mon.....Why pay for depreciation when you don't have to? Betcha that little move will cost you $4K +++. The damage is not that bad. Maybe a little filler and some paint work. If you can't get over that you shouldn't be dirving a new car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedZed View Post
It'll probably take you a few weeks before you forget about it completely and you start enjoying your car as if nothing happened. I was the same when some idiot drove into my car, 2 weeks after I had bought it...
Exactly......My car was 5 days and 200 miles old when someone caused $7K damage to it. It's been better than new for awhile now, I got my diminished value check (paid for my mods) and all is like it never happened. Actually, my paint is better than OEM so it was a good score!

Steal my car! (SOLD)...Now Porsche Cayman S
Oil Cooler DIY: Here!
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote