View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 12:12 PM   #30 (permalink)
nitromt
Base Member

Drives: 08 Subaru Legacy GT
nitromt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky7384 View Post
One of the dealerships i work for took in a 2009 370z with 8k miles for $26k range and i believe are asking around $29,999. 80% of the cars i see traded in are marked up $2k-$4k depending on how much it cost throught the shop. It's the high end cars that have the Huge Mark ups. Try a BMW M6 marked up like 12k over cost.. Typically the Price is talked down anyways but just a heads up to the person that said $6k Gross in used cars.... Not these days.
So basically they're asking for the same price as a brand new 2010 370Z Coupe 6MT Sport?

Honestly, I think the dealership bought the 2009 at too high of a price. If you can walk into a dealership to buy a brand new 2010 model for $30.8k, then the max I'd pay for a used identical 2009 370Z is about $27k. Any more than that, and buying used is not worth the savings from buying new.

And that applies if the buyer can pay cash for both new and used. If buyer has to finance, then it's a done deal. The used and new car will certainly end up costing the same when you factor in interest rate differentials between new and used car loans.
nitromt is offline   Reply With Quote