View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 05:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: the 2 balled club
Zsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBSS2008 View Post
I just got done hacking up my Takeda SRI because they don’t add any performance, this article is right on. Just looks and sound from the SRI. So I just cut the Takeda Intake tubes to fit the stock box. I have two AFE Pro Dry S filters I plan on dropping in as soon as they are delivered. I have the Cobb AP the intake temps I was reading in traffic with the Takeda is just terrible, got it up to 178F when ambient was 91F.

Just did a test run with my hybrid CAI and all is well intake temps are 7-12 over ambient cruising. The Takeda SRI would run 20+ cruising.

Here is a shot of my Takeda Stock CAI Hybrid.
That looks good, +1 rep for the job. Nissan should make our intakes look like this with a better looking box too.

And once you have the high flow drop ins in you will get better throttle response and some hp.

Last edited by Zsteve; 05-08-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Zsteve is offline   Reply With Quote