View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 12:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
ftwayne370z
Base Member

Drives: 2009 Nissan 370Z
ftwayne370z is on a distinguished road
Default Need input on upcoming build!!!

Ok, so i purchased my Z about 2 months ago, and between now and next summer would like to do several modifications. I am starting with a touring package 370Z with no nav or sport package. I decided not to go with the sport package because i knew I was going to be swapping out most of the sport package parts for new ones.
I want to do this build in stages but would like other peoples opinions as far as what to do first, second, third, etc. I have been doing some research on parts and what I should use, but of coarse would love opinions on this as well.
My plans this summer are to do supporting mods, and some exterior mods as well. On the exterior, I want to do a set of 20" Venaci black mesh wheels, carbon fiber lip, side skirts, and rear diffuser. Just keep the exterior subtle. Along with the summer mods, I beleive I want to do a set of 6 piston brembos up front and 4 pistons in the rear. Im going to do a OS Giken triple disk clutch, and some sort of LSD. That about sums it up for the summer mods. The good stuff is coming in the winter time.
When winter rolls around, Im going to save up and purchase a GReddy tuner twin turbo kit, a set of either 600 or 800cc injectors, and have the car custom tuned. Im going to purchase a 3" exhaust for it all to flow through as well.
So my research pointed me towards the GReddy kit for a couple of reasons. I like mitsu turbos. From what I have heard, they are very reliable and the kit itself is very well put together. I dont know what kind of LSD to get though. I dont want a clutched LSD because I want the car to be very streetable and i want a low maintanance LSD. Basically I am planning on a twin turbo kit and supporting mods as you can see. I would love some input, posotive and negative, about the setup I am planning to go with. If you would change any parts for others, or would add parts to the build, please feel free to post! Thanks! Help is much appreciated.
ftwayne370z is offline   Reply With Quote