View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 03:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
ZKindaGuy
Track Member

Drives: 370Z-AT7 Tour+Sport
ZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegitto-kun View Post
Aaand yeees? so?

getting anything like a turbo or supercharger is going to cost more than 4000. waaay more than 4000.
And you missed my entire point completely....I am perfectly aware that doing the blower or TT puts him way out of his money range that he is willing to spend at this moment but that in itself coupled with the outragious intake/exhaust ROI breakdown makes my case even more that the exhaust makeover just shouldn't be done since he would be paying far more than the power he would make out of doing it.

In simple math terms:

$4K costs him: $191 / 1 HP gained and $235 / 1 ft-lb. gained.
12K costs him: $ 70 / 1-HP gained and $ 80 / 1 ft-lb gained.

In addition by adding the blower or TT it would likely increase his asking price for the car if he were to sell it which could work in his favor if he is still upside-down in his loan he may have on the car at the time of selling it.

Adding just an exhaust isn't going to increase the value of the car in any way, shape or form nor contribute to providing any amount of offset advantage if he is upside-down in any loan he may have on the car at the time of the sell.

You can't argue with the hard numbers because it just plainly SCREAMS for itself that the exhaust makeover is a total rip-off unless he couples it with the blower or TT where then it can at least be dollar-justified by the big power to be gained.
ZKindaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote