View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 09:49 AM   #41 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjSquall View Post
Nah I've never driven stick, and never will. A simple mistake = you stall. So you end lookin like a fool to everyone else. Also, you run the risks of burning the clutch, messin up the gears etc etc which is far less with an auto.

And now I'm waiting

Ferrari and lambo are switching to tiptronic only. but I understand your point man, for some people manual is better, but performance and reliability wise, auto is superior. Plus come on, didn't you ever stick your hand down your girlfriends pants on the freeway? If you haven't, at least rent an auto for just a day!!!
Feraris and lambos are Dual Clutch not traditional automatics. They use clutches to transfer the power from the engine to the driveshaft, not a torque converter. The reason they do so, is because a torque converter can't handle the amount of power coming from those engines. Once people start going Forced induction, you'll see a lot of blown automatic transmissions.

My mom has a g37x. does it have the same 7at as the Z? b/c it gear hunts like crazy. thats another anoying thing.
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote