View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 09:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

So you have a 7AT?

I've typically heard that launching an automatic requires holding the car with the brakes while revving to an 'ideal' RPM. Then releasing the brake and squeezing down the rest of the throttle. A driving course I went to said "don't hold the brake, just stomp on the accelerator." In any event, I can't see how spooling up the engine from idle when the timer starts is going to get you a decent time...that could account for your very slow acceleration.

All the reviews I've seen say that the automatic is right on par with the manual...the manual is just more fun to drive. Thus with a professional-grade launch you should get down to 4.7s (best time I've seen) but more realistically 4.9-5.1s.
spearfish25 is offline   Reply With Quote