View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 05:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
6MT
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Reliant Robin
6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffblue View Post
How many of you actually bothered buying new TPMS units and installing them in aftermarket wheels, or do most of you just deal with the light on. My concern is just that if i were to have a sudden loss of presssure due to a road hazzard, i'd want to know before i was driving around on the rim of my wheel.

advice anyone?
I bought new OEM sensors for my Volks GT30's. Had them initialized by a freind of mine at a dealership.

If it were me... buy the sensors. Do you want to risk the loss of an expensive wheel and tire because of a problem that the sensor could notify you about (before any damage resulted)?

Or, you could remove the sensors from the OEM wheels and use them in your new wheels (to save you some $$).

2009 370Z Sport/Touring 6MT sold
2013 Honda Civic Si coupe D/D

Last edited by 6MT; 05-05-2010 at 05:11 PM.
6MT is offline   Reply With Quote