View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 12:27 PM   #30 (permalink)
Spartan 1771
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Wife crazy & 09 370Z
Spartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond repute

And so the saga of the front end chin spoiler continues…………………….

Episode III: There’s No Hope

Once again, I drive 90 minutes through horrendous Washington DC beltway traffic to the dealership to get the front end chin spoiler installed, that was supposed to come with it upon delivery back in September. I arrive and EVERYONE kissed my ***. So much so that it was sorta scary. I guess the 45 minute conversation I had with the Service Manager last month had some effect.

I leave my car with them and then go outside and walk around their lot looking at all the cars for about 45 minutes. I got tired of that so I decided to go inside and wait in their waiting room. On the way in the Service Advisor grabs me and says “Well, this is really turning out to be a major science project”. I didn’t take that statement to mean anything good. She sat me down and VERY politely explained that according to the directions, the front bumper needs to be removed and holes need to be punched for the installation. I explained to her several people I speak to on this forum have installed it without removing the bumper and have had no issues. Of course she dismisses that as pure crazy talk and proceeds to tell me they want to have their body shop do the install.

So now I have to travel back up there on the 23rd and leave it with their body shop, who I have had major issues with in the past.

On further note, I pointed out to them 3 Z’s on their lot that are supposed to have the front end chin spoiler, but don’t.

……………………………..I need a drink!

-DD Air Guide, Stillen G3 CAIs, 63mm Throttle Bodies, Motordyne M370, Berk HFCs, FI TDX CBE (non-res, CF), Sprint booster v3, Ecutek Dyno Tuned, and the list goes on...

Last edited by Spartan 1771; 05-05-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Spartan 1771 is offline   Reply With Quote