View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 06:03 AM   #30 (permalink)
Nick911sc
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Nissan GT-R
Nick911sc is a splendid one to beholdNick911sc is a splendid one to beholdNick911sc is a splendid one to beholdNick911sc is a splendid one to beholdNick911sc is a splendid one to beholdNick911sc is a splendid one to beholdNick911sc is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
I have the Stillen and can give an honest answer.

When I bought my exhaust, there was no waiting. I wanted something then and it was my best, fastest option. The FI was out then as well, but I didn't want a 4 week wait and there were floating rumors of drone that I will 100% NOT tolerate. So, for fear of drone and getting something I couldn't live with, I went with Stillen over FI. Berk wasn't an option as it was about 6 months down the pipeline still.

Having lived with my Stillen since September, I'm extremely happy with it. I like their large tips and haven't had any problems during install or thereafter. I felt the HFC addition was necessary as I wanted a little more volume out of the exhaust, and the addition did exactly that. For me, it's the perfect level of sound and 'fun'. It rewards a throttle stomp, sounds good at idle and never has any drone.

Would I switch for an FI now or before? No. I still don't want drone and the reviews are more concrete that the FI CBE with HFCs will get you some. Would I wait for the Berk or get that instead now if I could do it over? Potentially. I've heard the Berk in person and it sounds really nice. Lower and louder than the Stillen (both with HFCs). I like the Berk's sound, but I prefer the Stillen tips which I think would lean me to reorder Stillen again. There wasn't any drone with the Berk which makes it a viable option for me, but it's definitely louder inside the car when you're driving. JB1 last mentioned he plans to dynomat because the interior sound is just a bit on the loud side for long trips. No drone, just louder inside the car. In the end, I think Stillen and Berk would be a coin flip for me, but I have no regrets with my Stillen whatsoever.

Superb right up

I think a lot of people on the forum who are looking for information need to read this post. Rep +1

Now let me ask you about your ERZ HFC's

I've read all about them and so far it seems they're a steal.

You're happy with them still? I know you haven't dyno'd them. I don't want to be stupid but, as they're cheaper, they don't sound any different to other HFC's do they? Other than wondering that it seems they'd be on par with the others on the market.
Nick911sc is offline   Reply With Quote