View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 03:00 AM   #57 (permalink)
Scott @ RA
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Ridiculously Fast
Scott @ RA has a spectacular aura aboutScott @ RA has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by XwChriswX View Post
I was wondering based on cost:

Is it more beneficial to piece together:

Stock Calipers
Upgraded Brake Pads
2-Piece Floating Rotors (Color Option cost excluded)
SS Brake-lines

Or to just buy a complete BBK?

(Not including the cost of labor)

Perhaps people are seeing the math doesn't add up for making a build themselves vs. buying a whole kit? Or does that say something about the stock calipers that even with new rotors/pads/lines they don't compare to aftermarket ones?

This is my dilemma at the moment...
Thats a good point there... I have already thought about this.

A) This rotor upgrade really benefits the people who already have the OEM Akebono brake kit on their cars, as all they have to buy is our RA two piece rotors (pads and lines optional) and you would have a true big brake kit at just a fraction of the cost for a complete aftermarket BBK.

B) Even purchasing through us the complete OEM Akebono brake kit ..calipers, pads, lines, etc (excluding the OEM rotors) and combining them with our RA two piece rotors, you will still be at about $3000 complete. I have seen what is available as far as a complete big brake kit for these cars in THAT price range in the aftermarket... It is not pretty... LOL

Plus the benefit of having the perfect front vs rear proportioning that goes along with hydraulically matched OEM calipers/ master cylinder is a big plus over a sub standard after market BBK.

The quality of the Akebono calipers are surprisingly better than a lot of the aftermarket brake kit calipers out there, especially in the same price range.

I KNOW you would be VERY hard pressed to find ANY two piece, light weight, FULL FLOATING, brake rotor of any make that matches the quality of our RA rotors, that I will bet on.

Last edited by Scott @ RA; 05-05-2010 at 05:52 PM.