View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 06:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
37Z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z MB 6M -sold
37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute
Default SQ by Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4thelaw View Post
I wouldnt mess with a flat 10 from any brand. You will dissapointed and anything less than a 13Tw5 in that enclosure would be a compromise. I have audioned numerous flat subs and I was not impressed except for the JL 13TW5. It is the only flat sub I have heard that sounds and performs like a convential type subwoofer. Yes I know they cost a lot but if your going that route your just gonna have to pony up the dough. Your 500/5 will power it just fine. The fact that this sub has a 6" voice coil gives it amazing cone control and power handling.

You may want to check the "JL Stealth Box" thread as I posted in detail along with the plans and measurements for my boundary loaded enclosure with this sub. Its truley impressive with its perfect balance of SPL and SQ with an emphasis on SQ. My car will be competing in IASCA this summer in an SQ competition as I have been sponsored by Car Toys.
I listee mostly to rock and some classical music. I play CD and DVD audio disks (Kenwood HU). In your experience, is the JL Audio 13.5" sub easy to tune to this music? Is it best to control the sub with an Audio Control unit or __?
37Z is offline   Reply With Quote