View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 04:26 PM   #28 (permalink)
Modshack
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Sport
Modshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
Umm...the filters only need to be cleaned/changed every 50,000 miles (clean at 50k & change at 100K), why are you changing them after 5-8k?
That's not really true....My experience (having sold 1000+ K&N based systems for Audi/VW cars), is to clean them about every 15-20K. Follow K&N's cleaning instructions and they'll come back just like new and last forever. You don't need to change them unless you damage them. Throwing away Re-useable filters is both wasteful, stupid and bad for the environment to say nothing of what it does to your wallet. I've brought K&N's back from the dead to look and perform like new..

Steal my car! (SOLD)...Now Porsche Cayman S
Oil Cooler DIY: Here!
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote