View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 03:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
edconline
Track Member

Drives: 10' MB Z34 6MT T/S/N
edconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond repute

I just bought my car back in march and I knew I wanted an exhaust, intakes, etc before I even bought the car. Spent a lot of time on here reading reviews, listening to video clips and looking at gains people had gotten with different setups.

In the end I liked the sound of the Stillen CBE the best and that combined with impressive HP gains and an almost factory look was perfect for me. My second choice was FI but the waiting list was a definate no-go, it's driving season NOW lol. (Save for the freak snow storm here today )

I had the Stillen stuff installed just over a week ago (CBE, Gen 3's, Sways) along with the Berk HFC's and I could not be happier with the sound! Some people say they don't like the hiss on decel but I really like it, I think it adds to everything. Was a LITTLE bit of drone at first but I've put just over 500km on it since the install, and there is no drone at all anymore. Zero fitment/leaking issues so far, other than on of the tips is slightly off center in the cutout, not even enough for me to really care to adjust it though.

Definately no regrets here, and all the options were available to me when I purchased. However, like others have said, sound and looks are both personal preference so no review will be able to make your decision for you. That being said, IMHO you will not be dissapointed if you do choose to go the Stillen route!