View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 02:41 PM   #60 (permalink)
ct63084
Base Member

Drives: 2004 MAZDA3
ct63084 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishihadnav View Post
i'd probably take Ali as the greatest over Louis because of his resume...Ali didnt' fight evry month like Joe but he had the tougher fights...
yeah you can make a good argument with Ali he was pretty good also. But i gave it to Joe louis because fought every one in his division never ducked anyone he made 25 defenses of his title, was a world champion for like 10 something years knocked out opponents like nobody's business, and on top of that he served in the army during ww2 and fought people for free to raise money for the army. He lost once during his prime it tells you what kind of competition he had back then and avenged it for the nations honor. I personally think he will have a better record if it wasn't for the war. The sad part about his story is that he fought and raise money for the govt during the war, then the end IRS told him the he owes the govt 500,000 i think he should be one of those rare occurance that the irs should have gave a free pass. Then louis continued fighting to pay his debt and eventually at end on the twilight of his career fought marciano and lost. Dude is the ultimate american hero IMHO.
ct63084 is offline   Reply With Quote