Thread: broken down zed
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 09:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
cyrus_b
Base Member

Drives: Liberty GT + 370Z
cyrus_b is on a distinguished road
Default broken down zed

So i was driving last Wednesday to soccer and i felt my clutch stick a little as i took off - but got no clutch burn smell. Kept driving and the feeling stayed so i pulled off the road and pumped the clutch a bit - hoping it would refresh. Instead this made it worse, and the clutch disengaged completely. What i mean is the clutch pedal would not spring back when it was pushed in. No dice, so i turned off the ignition and waited. Still no luck.

I tried something i've heard to do with old cars: rev the engine a little and try to slip it into gear, but the gates on the gear blocked it.

Called RACV - the patrolman said it was the Clutch Master Cylinder. He got me to manually pull the clutch up and down, while he watched the clutch fluid reservoir - he said that because there were no air bubbles coming up into the clutch fluid in the reservoir it must be the master cylinder.

Had the car towed to Nissan who proceeded to bleed the clutch line even though i gave them all the info above, and then the following day they told me what i already knew - it was the master cylinder. Hence they ordered the part on Friday, said it would be in in 5 days.

Had to almost beg for a loan car even though i own the most expensive car they sell. Now i hear it may take 2 weeks!

Guess there is not much i can do except wait.

While its in i want them to look at a few more things;
On my drivers carpet there's now a hole where my clutch heel sits and i've only had the car 4 months so i think that should be replaced.
The hatch doesn't pop correctly, so i asked for the newer springs to be fitted (read about here!).
The panels on the car are not a consistent shae of yellow, they appear to be 2 different shades. is this unusual? can it be fixed?
So any advice on any of the above, boys and girls?

Cheers, C
cyrus_b is offline   Reply With Quote