View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 02:30 AM   #20 (permalink)
abakja1
Enthusiast Member

Drives: STI, MDX, Titan
abakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
I don't know why you'd even bother going with FI if you're just going to murder the mufflers.

The "best" solution if you have to modify the system would be to mount the existing cans horizontally in the factory muffler location and fab some new pipes. This will obviously change the sound a bit and might hurt performance, but it would at least salvage most of the system.

I would give Tony a call and see what he thinks your best option is.
Actually, Im keeping the FI muffler pieces in tact.
Muffler shop is going to make new flanges and pipes to their own cannisters similiar to the layout of the FI system. It will offer better clearance due to it being smaller cannisters and being welded/made at a different angle. That way I can always bolt the FI piece or sell as a set if I ever decide to.

The shop Im going to does great work as they make custom TI catbacks for cars with clean welds,...I thought I give them a try since I used to get my Subaru Legacy GT dyno tuned there a few times...