View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 08:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

So far I'm dodging this storm by borrowing my in-law's Jeep. A neighbor with a Porsche C4S just said 'forget all-seasons, you need snow tires'. That put a damper on my master plan of all-seasons all year long. Looks like I'll have to get myself some rims, bilzzaks, and a nice torque wrench for all the tire changes I'll be doing. In the late fall and early spring, I don't know if I can really keep the snow tires on the car as the temperatures and conditions vary quite a bit here. Ideally I'd have three sets of rims/tires...summer, a-s for fall and spring, and then snow tires for the dark months of winter. Better buy some lotto tickets...

I suppose the other option is to sell the summer tires that came with the car and replace them with all-seasons. Then I still get a set of snow rims/tires making those two my alternating pair which better covers the spectrum in Chicago.

In the end money is an issue, and I think I'll just have to cope with all-season tires...the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires seem to get good reviews and work OK in some snow. That should cover me most days and for the severe snowfalls, I'll either cab it to work and back or make the wifey get me in the Altima .

Last edited by spearfish25; 04-05-2009 at 08:34 PM.
spearfish25 is offline   Reply With Quote