View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Trips
Administrator

Drives: 🔰
Trips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond repute
Default DIY: GTR Red Start-Stop Button Swap out

The first thing is mine is a 7AT so the manual version will differ but the ideas the same.
You have to remove the shift bezel that holds the hazard button.
You need to carefully lift up the shifter bezel from the base to pop it off, and disconnect the hazard button.
In the pic i also popped up the lower suede shifter bezel.
I used a screw driver so be careful so you don't leave a scratch.

Remove the kneepads there is one screw on each side holding the kneepads, and the rest are metal snap clips, They do come off pretty easily.

Next (remove the two screws that hold the front fascia panel, and pull forward) i went over board in what screws to be removed .. so all you need is the two in the pic.

You can see in the pic the ignition switch. Next compress the ignition sides to release the ignition Button from the front panel
and push the switch towards you to remove it.

Then disconnect the wire harness from the switch

Now take the GTR Button, and connect it to the wire harness

Now just slide the button back in

Here the Lower Bezel has been reinstalled followed by the top bezel reconnect the hazard wires, and your done.
Sorry for If I left anything out but the pics should help.

Here is the Part#
it was about $40 and a link to where you can purschase one.
Please supports our Vendors.

GTR Push Button Ingition Switches on Sale at Fontana Nissan!

Night time Photos

Thanks to TreeSemdyZee for his Comparison Pics

http://www.the370z.com/payments.php

Last edited by Trips; 12-21-2013 at 10:19 PM.
Trips is offline   Reply With Quote