View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 07:43 PM   #18 (permalink)
Mike@Blackline
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Z
Mike@Blackline has a reputation beyond reputeMike@Blackline has a reputation beyond reputeMike@Blackline has a reputation beyond reputeMike@Blackline has a reputation beyond reputeMike@Blackline has a reputation beyond reputeMike@Blackline has a reputation beyond reputeMike@Blackline has a reputation beyond reputeMike@Blackline has a reputation beyond reputeMike@Blackline has a reputation beyond reputeMike@Blackline has a reputation beyond reputeMike@Blackline has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhounds View Post
My story is the same as always... slid the curb after the rear twisting around. There was no visibility on the corner and there was a dog crossing the street... 40mph I pull up the handbreak with the VDC off but the ******* dog appeared and I hit the break pedal so I lost part of the control... tried to recover but the street was kinda tight and guess what... curb on the right side... airbags popping up and 15k to fix it. The mechanics don't believe it will be totaled...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhounds View Post
it was my fault because that was not the right place to do that, even though at 3AM you would not expect to find a dog across the pond... (and yes ebrake in a Z in this case because that was an emergency and there wasn't any other way to stop the car or tackle the dog given the street was tight). Any body else hit the nismo's rear in a curb? do you believe that a frame aligner could do the job correctly?
in the first post above it sounds like you were pulling the ebrake for fun and games, and then saw the dog and hit the normal brakes, causing the loss of control.
but in the second post quoted above you say you pulled the ebrake to avoid hitting the dog, meaning you were traveling through the turn normally before the dog sighting

Current Alliance BBK Sale, FREE PC Option, 370Z DiscountCLICK HERE for info!