View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 02:18 PM   #21 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyBobo View Post
Looks like I can join the club - just busted a couple of my locking lugs ends off. One side, I was checking tightness on my lugs, and barely turned the wrench 10-15 degrees and SNAP. The opposite side, I was just trying to take it OFF, and it snapped! What a hunk of ****....

My dealership is closed today, so I'll be going there tomorrow very early.
My dealership wouldn't fix it. They claimed they couldn't get the broken nut off and would need to drill the stud out. They were going to charge me over $100 to do this because they claim that they weren't the ones that installed the locking nuts, the car came from another dealer in trade. I had to go to Pep Boy's 100 yards from the dealership and buy the removal tool myself for $20. It came off easily with an impact wrench and the tool. I then spent another $40 at the Infiniti parts counter to get 5 more regular lug nuts, and I'll have to spend another $40 to get another set of quality locking nuts.
ChrisSlicks is offline   Reply With Quote